Monday, December 27, 2010

Update on Andon...

Andon and I came home from the hospital in the afternoon on Christmas. He was doing well at the hospital and then took a turn for the worse upon arriving home...
So along with the infection on Wednesday he also started to have blood in his stool. No one saw this as a big deal besides Brian and I. I was told just once to avoid milk and soy. His stools cleared while in the hospital and I was doing what I could to avoid milk and soy. No one explained to us that that meant eat only fruit, veggies, and meat.. Well pretty much. Soy is in everything and there are a lot of names for milk that one wouldn't guess. Thank goodness for the internet as we found out a lot more information.
So after arriving home from the hospital, Andon started to have blood in his stool and now blood in his spitup. Talk about guilt as I realized I was still eating some dairy!!! So Brian and I have taken on this challenge together of not eating dairy or soy and after much research we have found a lot of fun items that we can have. So it will be a new adventure of cooking for the next year or so until I stop nursing Andon or he grows out of this allergy.
So for the time being all is well, we are catching up on life as it has been put on hold for awhile. Andon is doing well and is still my sweetest baby. The boy rarely cries and slept for 6 hours last night!!!

3 comments:

Rachael C said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all that you are going through! You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

The Carlson Crew

Kelly K said...

Darn! I sincerely hope things start to go really well for you...

Unknown said...

Your mom told me about your blog. Wow three kids! You look great and your family is precious. I am sorry this last one has had some problems, but it sounds like you and Brian have figured this out. Take care of yourself, we miss you.

Joan, Nick and Phil

ClustrMap