Monday, October 5, 2009

My quirky 3 year old...




So each day that passes Adelyn never ceases to amaze me with her outfits. Our new nanny has let Adelyn go full boar and lets her pick out her own outfits each day. I give her a choice between a few items that I would like to see her wear but when I'm not around the girl can wear dresses over shorts, pink and purple with red... Although i've made a few fashion statements in my day. None will top Adelyn.

Story of the Mud..
So at our home we have a fenced back yard that neither child can escape. So one day with the kitchen window open I decided to make cookie dough while watching the kids through the window. Everything was so peaceful and I easily finished making dough. The kids were digging in the garden and everyone was happy. Only moments later, I peeked outside and Adelyn had already gone too far to worry about. She took the water from my watering pot and made mud in tanna's dog dish. Then she preceded to paint chairs, arms, legs, and the patio. She had a ball and was so proud of herself. When I was done baking I went outside to hose the child down. I just explained to her that if she was going to get that dirty then we need to hose down before coming inside. She was totally fine with that and I sprayed her head to toe. What a girl!!!

4 comments:

Shannon. said...

Addi is so beautiful!! I can't wait to see you soon!!!!

amrolih said...

Ahhh hahaha! I love the outfits!

Katherine said...

You are a lucky that "dirt" doesn't bother you!!! Call me when Brian is gone, we can be alone together!!! (with kids I guess)

Anonymous said...

I just printed "The Boys" picture!
Am really anxious to see these little ones for real again. : )

ClustrMap