Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life without Children.... Hmmm


Boating with our friends up north. I went tubing and can feel all my muscles that haven't been used in awhile...




The rose garden was awesome and in full bloom. These were the most fragrant and named after me!! Gemini



















Doesn't this bring you back to the day... I have college photos that look really similar to this.




Hike up Bean and Bear lake on the North Shore.



This is where Brian and I took our first camping trip. We tented and had a fire up on the cliff.







Oh what would life be like without children... we'd pack a lot less stuff, we'd sleep in, we'd eat whatever we want for as long as we'd want... Oh there are so many things we would do and did do... This might not seem exciting for those of you who have family close and you drop your child off at mom and dad's often but for Brian and I this was the first time in 3.5 years that we had a weekend to ourselves. My mother selflessly dropped everything and came for the weekend to be with the kids. So Brian and I ventured up north and did everything one could nearly want to do. We went boating, riding the motorcycle, to visit our favorite (nearly) family... We met new people, had romantic dinners on the boardwalk, went hiking, to the rose garden, jogging together!! Brian and I even pretended to be college kids for a night. Dinner, to Grandma's dancing... we even had energy to walk to get pizza at about 1am... I think I scared a couple of college kids but I can still shake it like I mean it!!!! Brian said the other night "we should just go live at the suites forever." Reality check!!!!!!!!


WHILE THE ADULTS WERE OUT, THE CHILDREN PLAYED!!!!




2 comments:

Katherine said...

YAY!!!! good for you two to get out and just be together again. I totally hear ya, we need a get away from the kids and just life in general. just have to say how hot your hubby is! WOW! You my lady are looking just as fabulous and can't wait to spend some quality time together this wintwe when Brian is gone.

Ryan and Trish said...

It's tough not having family nearby when your kiddos are little. Logan was almost 4 when my parents moved up here. I admit, it IS nice to have them close by, but we probably only see them once every week or two. We're very careful to keep them "grandparents" rather than becoming "babysitters." I'm glad you had a good weekend away.

ClustrMap