
Adelyn did not have a swimsuit handy after the crash so I convinced her it would be so funny if she swam in a diaper... Here she is, Happy as a clam in a swimmers diaper.
We filled our basement with questionable broken, dirty, and glass filled items. This was the worst was just cleaning everything, repacking what was salvageable, and throwing the rest.
Everyone had a job with three children to keep happy in the midst of everything....
You really don't need anything for a baby... Andon was without a crib but took a monster nap nestled into a down pillow in his car seat.
We were all so very very tired....
It took four adults, three kids, and four very long days of work to go through everything, document document document, and trash everything that was not worth keeping. Luckily there were very few sentimental items in this trailer. Our more precious items were in the other trailer that Brian was going to be pulling to Alaska.
Ned less to say after this crash, no one was going to be driving to Alaska. We sold the trailer, called a moving company and shipped the truck and our belongings to Alaska. The children and I flew up to Alaska last Tuesday and Brian followed us on Thursday with Tana. The crash was scary but I'm not sure what was worse.... The crash or the 7 hour plane ride with three children.... ha ha ha
Alaska has been beautiful... it's so nice to have blue skies and a gorgeous view out our living room. You just have to look above the houses... (we are not living the dream just yet). So I haven't even taken a picture of Alaska yet... Hard to believe but I will post them soon if I can log into my account. (Been having some troubles with our computer, Too bad it was not in the trailer when it crashed!!! ha)
The children are adjusting to the time difference and we are slowly catching up on the lost energy of everything. The boys and I are bonding tonight as Adelyn and her Dad went on a trip to Homer. Kade actually entertained Andon this evening, we baked cookies and it's starting to feel like home...
2 comments:
Oh my Tiffany! I am so sorry that you have had to deal with all of that. Not a great way to start out this new chapter, but is looks like you guys are on your way to a great life there.
I have been really stressed too, but then I think about all you have had to deal with and tell myself to "suck it up".
Best wishes to you all!
Welcome! We have missed you here...
Post a Comment