Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Alaska

It's great to finally be here and easy to see why we are here when you stand upon the mountain tops... but we are feeling lost in the day to day grind of things. The children (Addi and Kade) have been just a touch out of whack to say the least and have tested our sanity as we deal with talking to insurance companies, setting up utilities, and dealing with the daily little things that don't go our way. So Brian and I are drinking tonight now that everyone else is sleeping....

Adelyn with the grandma's at Grandma Karen's new home on the peninsula...


Grandma Lu Lu with Andon. This is how crazy it really has been for the last three weeks or so. Luann and Peter were headed to the airport on the afternoon that I took this picture and I realized that I did not have even one picture of the grandparents with our children after a three week visit. So here's a goodbye photo in hopes to see them again soon.
ODE TO LUANN... So a brief side note as an ode to my mother in law. We had some incredible moments and really got to know each other over the last few weeks. I discovered that Luann and I are incredibly similar, we are both smart asses, clean freaks, and dedicated to organization. We also share a love for children. So in my ode to Luann....Thank you, thank you, thank you... As I wouldn't have survived without you...(really not trying to rhyme). I'm totally amazed with the stamina you have, watching you clean from dawn to dusk... just continuing to ask what more you can do!!!! AMAZING.... Not sure why we don't have a mother in law apartment at our new home as it would be great to have help all the time.... (hmmm Brian better start on that) That is why you had six kids and i'm drawing the line at 3!

Adelyn with Grandpa Peter and Grandma Lu lu at the end of Homer Spit.



Brian roasting marshmallows with the kids at our new house.


The moving truck that ended up picking all of our stuff up from Sioux Falls and Brian's truck. We are currently awaiting the arrival of our belongings but wondering where we are going to put everything as it seems our home is nearly complete.




3 comments:

Kelly K said...

God Bless, Tiff and family. Wow. Rocky journey, but cannot wait for pictures from Alaska.

Katherine said...

Wishing I was there....ahhhhhh

Jessica said...

Good luck with everything.

ClustrMap