Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kade's Birthday

Sorry for the lack of posts. I just downloaded pictures for the first time since after Christmas and only have 10 pics... It's just down right pathetic. We have had tons of snow but some pretty cold weather. Adelyn said the other day "Mom look the leaves are coming out"... Poor child she's now imagining things. This morning she said, "is the sun coming out today." Even my child is sick of winter. Weeks ago I took them to the park down the street. Silly me, actually thinking that there would have been other people venturing out to the park this winter. Adelyn was so excited because I think she pictured grass and warm weather at the park. I trudged across the field in 2 feet deep snow, only to reach a playground where the kids couldn't even walk. It was great exercise as I carried them from the bottom of the slide to the stairs each time. We had a blast and enjoyed watching Kade face plant it a couple of times in the snow. We weren't cold at least.





We took our neighbor kids sledding one day and it was gorgeous out. The sledding hill even had a coffee shop across the way so we just sipped some coffee watching the kids trudge up and down the hills. Even Kade can pull his own sled up and slide down. It's pretty fun to watch. This is a picture of Jayden, he's our little daredevil neighbor...the other is Nicolette and Adelyn...(best buddies)




Kade's birthday was snuck into the busy month. I made some dirt cake with worms and little trucks on top. He has a hard time blowing out candles but had lots of help from the girls. Its a good thing Kade still gives in easy as he generally takes the back seat to his sister. The highlight of the party was all the balloons from Laura and Dad. Kade's a wild man with this bear balloon...body slamming it. It still is full of air after a lot of torment. I caught Adelyn and Kade all snuggled up watching a movie. Kade was disturbed with the flash but they were pretty cute before I bothered them.
Highlights of the last month
* Tiffany is studying studying studying. I chopped my hair and put in highlights (moving up in the world)
* Brian sold yet another truck and has now the truck of his dreams minus some upgrades like paint, chrome, bigger tires etc....
* Kade learned to climb on top of the piano which keeps us on our toes.
* Adelyn is currently concerned with the sugar bugs eating her teeth when she sleeps and being deathly afraid of her window. She sleeps on her floor by the door every night.
Hope Everyone is Doing well!!

No comments:

ClustrMap