Monday, July 20, 2009

Life has been tiring...


Life has been full, a little stressful or very stressful, and very fun all in the last few weeks!!!!

I had an awesome weekend with the girls (friends from college), with no children. This is not documented with photos but very good. Brian took the kids and I went for a weekend away in the cities. We did not do very much but it was great. I say we didn't do much because every man I talked to about my girls weekend asked, "what did you do?" WELL I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I DIDN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING. I had a wonderful dinner with spectacular conversation, great wine, and it lasted I think over 2 hours. I went hot tubing, talked talked and talked. I got up in the morning not because of kids but because of Kelly!! thanks... and I actually exercised. Luckily because we had an even better brunch than dinner!!! OH life was so good at that moment. Monday morning I woke up and went to work, only to find out two of the three of us are now on maternity leave, our therapist had her baby Monday morning. Yeah for her, Yeah for everyone, $#%? my life!!! and I don't swear much but it was very appropriate here. I think that pretty much explains that. I've survived one week and my attitude has drastically improved. It will be nice to have everyone back and I know that their time with their newborns is very precious.

Spare time has been spent goofing with the kids. They are two little characters.
Adelyn went and found me my dancing shoes. We dance daily but she is much better in heels than I.





Adelyn has always put socks on her hands. Here she was mothering her puppy and putting it to bed.


I took the children to the butterfly house. It is pretty neat and we've been there numerous times. However, last time I went, Kade could not move. No strollers are allowed so Kade was loving the freedom. Restraint is one of the prized crutches of a parent, leaving restraint means that one has to have control as parents. You have to be able to get them to listen, stay in bed, sit nicely at the table etc. Kade doesn't quite get these things. First it was fun to pick all the beautiful flowers, then he wanted to stomp on the butterflies, and the last straw was wanting to swim with the fish. Needless to say, we had a great time but left with Kade throwing a tantrum because i wouldn't let him in the water.




This weekend was also Jazz fest in Sioux falls. This is another freebie put on by the community. There is a whole area for the kids to play on inflatables with a tent of fun activities too. Adelyn and Kade loved dancing but picts are on a different camera which I haven't figured out how to use...


This is probably one of the best picts we have of both kids. Who would have known that running erratically would get smiles on all faces.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

So sorry to have missed all the girl fun...The pictures of the kiddos are GREAT.

Katherine said...

Your daughter is just so dreamy!!! She's so beautiful Tiff! I know you're laughing at me right now but seriously I couldn't think of any other word to describe the moments in time that you caught on your camera. You better keep a tight leash on her, she's going to be a heart breaker!!!

amrolih said...

I totally agree with Kat - I hope Brian has the shotgun loaded! If he already has issues with 2 piece swimsuits, he's really going to have a hard time when the boys come a-knocking! It was great to spend the weekend with you!

Erin Marie said...

Those two children are so adorable! *S* I know you hear that all the time, but they truly are! *S*

ClustrMap