Friday, June 19, 2009

Up's and Down's.


We found a frog. The kids were infatuated with it. Kade followed it off into the woods and just wouldn't let it out of his sight. Adelyn came close but wouldn't kiss it to turn it into a prince.




So as a mother I have my ups and downs. Looking back at pictures from earlier this month makes me realize that there are really cute moments and that I wish I had a photographer following me with my children. The kids and I have been spending a lot of time together and Brian's been spending a lot of time with his books. The semester started with a lull that got everyone excited but hit hard after the first week or so. I took the children back up to Little falls because my mother was visiting for Ryan's graduation. It was a new experience having both children in a hotel room. Sleeping was very interesting but luckily without too much screaming. Kade slept on my chest which is really a first, he never sleeps in bed with us. Adelyn slept with her feet in my back as usual or legs flung over me. Either way breakfast served right upon waking up is wonderful. The kids grazed through the first hour of the morning, admiring the pool through the window.
So a list of cute moments that are only in my head...
1. Nearly daily we go to the park, Adelyn holds Kades hand to cross the street and it's pretty darn cute...
2. Adelyn cups my face and talks to me with big open eyes, so serious sometimes.
3. Addi got an oweee on her middle finger at falls park, she walked around the rest of the time with it straight in the air talking about how the doctor needed to look at it and how she was so tough. It doesn't need a bandaid because it's not dripping.
4. Adelyn and Kade playing in the mud puddles with their boots on. Kade loves the water.
5. Kade laughing and begging for more water to be dumped on his head.
6. Kade piling over my short fence to my garden. He just flips himself right over the 2 foot fence.

We went camping this last weekend with old friends from MT. However we went camping in SD. It was a beautiful state park, but too many people for Kade at least. Everything was going ok until bed time. Kade just decided at about 11pm that he had it. I did everything I could but he was just not going to stop screaming til his head hit his own bed... Brian drove him home 12:30. The question lies, if you are out in a forest alone with a screaming child would anyone know how long he screamed??? Addi thought camping was really fun and I think she ran at least a mile, exploring with Chris and the boys. It was the least putsy I've ever seen her!!

This last week has been a down week but tomorrow there is light that is going to shine on our family, or at least my attitude is going to improve. Brian is in Duluth for the weekend as he has been training for Grandma's Half Marathon. However with being severely dehydrated and not eating he will not be running. We have had a GI but to put it politely. Brian and I were completely out of it and took turns staying awake with the children. Kade had it the longest and Adelyn just started tonight. Good weight loss program with Brian down 10lbs and I'm down 5. Can't say i'd try it ever again.

So on a positive note, i'm planning a get away from my immediate family in hopes that with repreve will come sanity. Sanity in a bottle (what adelyn calls beer) does not even sound good at this point.

So I was going to put some other picts on from a new camera but couldn't figure it out last night. Now Saturday morning, starting off well, with better attitude and pleasant daughter, sleeping son... no time like the present to post.

4 comments:

Ryan and Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Trish said...

Your camping story made me laugh. Two years ago, I too, ended up bringing both boys home around midnight, leaving Ryan in the tent by himself. It's "easier" now, so there is hope for camping in the future.

I feel for you with Brian being so busy with school. When some days seem to last forever, it's tough being in the "single mom with a husband" role. I guess we can be grateful we're not in that mode constantly. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

amrolih said...

I think I would have better luck with Nolan in a tent than Mikey! Great story.
You may not have pictures of those moments, but your descpriptions are great! I can picture Addi grabbing your face and speaking straight at you!

Kelly K said...

Tiff, I love your posts - I can picture your family doing, going, being at all the parks and adventures you take. Loved this story.

ClustrMap