
Picture of Adelyn and Grandpa fishing at the kid's fishing pond where I used to go as a child.
May is one of the most perfect months of the year. It starts with a favorite holiday, May day and ends with blossoms falling off the trees like snowflakes. Adelyn has really enjoyed all the birds, bunnies, and the airplane seeds. The kids love to stand on the bench in front of the window and point out flowers and other signs of spring. May was a full month at our house. Brian finished his second semester with a 4.0 and has joined the smart club of the world. Now that he knows he can do it I think he's done being so smart. He has applied and conquered. So he had a week off and spent it in Montana with Adelyn. Daddy and Daughter did some fishing with my family and collected Aspen for Kade's bed. I was just a bit jealous but someone has to stay back and support the family. Kade and I had a wonderful time just the two of us. He is so pleasant without anyone bugging him all the time. We took a couple leisurely walks in several parks, went to the falls, and just enjoyed playing.


I got a lot of projects completed that week without an older toddler. I planted my garden, and went to the farmer's market and watched Kade test out all the handmade toddler chairs one by one. I sanded down my old piano bench and refinished it. The piano and bench have seen better days but they still carry so much sentimental value that with a good shine have now made a new home in our living room instead of some garage somewhere... I made Adelyn some color coated music and have tried to demonstrate a love for music in hopes she finds this as well.
We also had a milestone of a 3rd birthday for Adelyn. She wanted pancakes for dinner so she made them with dad. We celebrated 3X with candles so she was a bit spoiled.

Dad came to MN so we had a huge family reunion for his side with a pig roast. It was so good to catch up with family. Here is a picture of his siblings and Gerald was there in spirit. I talked with cousins that I haven't seen since before Brian and I were married. With about as many people as were at my wedding, it was quite the event of the year.

Adelyn and her second cousin Madison. Oh how she loves the babies. Adelyn the other night asked me if I had a baby in my belly. I let her know that not all mommies have babies in their bellies. She replied that she wanted a sister. Ponder that for a momment.. She is so smart. It's her obsession lately and she even commented on a chunky teenager at the park, "that mommy has a baby in her belly." Luckily the girl standing only feet from us did not seem to notice Addi was talking about her.
3 comments:
Cute pics!! I hope Addi had a good birthday!!! Hopefully I'll see you soon!!!! :D
Happy B-day Addi! I cracked up at her comment at the park! How mortifying if the girl actually heard her! Anyways, gotta love their honesty and bluntness. Glad you got some one-on-one with kade and CONGRATS to Brian on his 4.0! Can't say I'm shooting that high myself but WOW! Good for him that's awesome and what a great way to start clinicals knowing that you really know what you're doing.
I love the pics. And you know the comments will only get louder and more inappropriate the more you try to cover them up!!
Post a Comment