
So many times I think I know what I'm are getting into, and so many times I am wrong. Motherhood and I have a love hate relationship at times. I love my time to myself and to give up 95% of that to my children is very difficult. I love to spread out in my bed and get great sleep. Last night, I stuggled with my kicking toddler and still couldn't sleep through Kade's restlessness. I hear every little wimper and movement, but when you don't you still don't sleep because you have to place a hand on his chest to make sure he's breathing. As much as you hear about your single friends going out on the town, when you do it's just not the same. I remember Brian and I went to the brew house last fall. We stayed late to listen to music and all we could think about was how Addi would have enjoyed the music.
Some days at home can be rough and leave you empty. Other days you see your children conquer new things, grasp new ideas, smile, or giggle and it fills you over the brim with emotion. So the hope is for realization that there are more occasions that your cup is half full versus than half empty.
So when you talk to mothers to be as I did this morning, you think of many things that you hope for them. You hope for healthy babies, smooth births, overcoming joy and the excitement of each new day. You hope they each can handle the massive transition into parenthood with their marriage, and well meaning families. As Brian and I have said before, you somewhat hope for restless nights and bratty toddlers, just to make yourself feel better. We're only human...
Well for all the mothers out there and expecting mothers may your cup be overflowing and may you never have more than you can handle with your toddlers...
4 comments:
wow! Have you been living my life lately? I couldn't have said it better myself. I miss my "me" time too!!! (and just being alone)
Your wisdom is always present...
HI!!! I decided to make a blog myself since I can't find a better way (well actually i couldnt find something easy enough for our computer retarded family to find.) Anyways, all your pics are so cute!! I miss you guys! Give Addi and Kade a hug and kiss from me! I'm working on a 10 day vacation for myself to go to Minnesota in July, so if you are going to MN in July for some reason let me know the dates i'm trying to make everything work so i can fit in as much as possible. I guess I am being like Karen at the moment. I miss you tons!! luv you guys!
Okay, I've gone through a few tissues trying to read through your wise words. I'm hoping they from the hormones and not from the fear of losing my me time! Thanks for keeping me grounded!!!
Post a Comment