Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life Anew in a Few Short Days

Babies sleeping, Mommies sleeping, Toddlers sleeping. Life has begun again with a sense of clarity in thought...


As Kade rounds out three months now, he has turned the corner. He has learned to calm himself and like his sister prefers to fall asleep alone. This means a less sore back, less bouncing, less rocking and pacing. Just more sleep and more rest for his mother.
So as Kade sleeps, we return to our many hobbies. I need to revoke the previous percentage as now I have a lot more time to myself and more time with just Adelyn. I'm sure it just keeps getting easier or just less demanding of your physical energy and more demanding of mental energy.




So with our time... I learned to make sushi. For those of you are unfamiliar, sushi only refers to the rolling technique with seaweed and rice, not raw fish. I've only made California rolls (amateur) so far with avocados, crab, and some cream cheese... I intend to expand my sushi making capabilities in the future. These pictures were of our multicultural dinner we had for Mom's Birthday. Brian cooked Cajun prawns and mom made an awesome cherry pie.




Meanwhile life continues to flourish. I started sewing a few little outfits for deserving little girls. I hope they turn out. I don't use patterns often, I usually copy favorite outfits of Addi's from times gone by but they are all in storage so I just guessed...
We gathered some dry aspen and Brian has been peeling and sanding it. We are hoping to initiate a new hobby of log furniture building, pictures to come in the future as projects turn out...
A new refection of Motherhood, life is continuing to return as we stop just surviving each day and are now moving forward. This mother is gearing up to getting her old self back!!! Which includes decreasing brownie intake and increasing exercise. Hopefully I'll balance endorphins with those damn 'hormonies', women's worst enemy... Sure can make you a different person. Oh I almost forgot... Thank you Brian for taking the kids. I got an entire morning off from the children. I went grocery shopping in peace. I went window shopping downtown Missoula and then onto the library. I've always feared library's but I really had a great time looking through all sorts of books. A whole new person and a much better mother for having some time off.

3 comments:

amrolih said...

It's amazing what a few hours of sleep, some alone time, and a renewed sense of self can do for you! And love the sushi rolling - I can't wait to return to eating it!!

Carrie said...

Wow--kudos on the sushi making! Now I know how I can learn from...you are a renaissance woman in every right...now you just need a bubble bath thrown into that mix of solitude.

Erin Marie said...

Hmmm, I was mistaken about Sushi! I always thought it was made from raw fish. I've yet again learned something today! It's amazing what rest can bring one!

ClustrMap