Monday, November 7, 2011

Where have you been!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been a little bit of everywhere over the last few months and I just haven't been good at keeping up with my picture organizing. I can partially blame it on new technology. Brian and I got new phones which have been a major hit with the whole family. However i just didn't think it would be so easy to get the pictures off of them. It was so easy I should have done it a long time ago. So now I have days worth of organizing and editing pictures. The snow is here and we have had fun sledding at our new home. It is like a little bit of heaven just back in the woods with lots of snow and no place to go. We are still working on remodeling our home as it has been slow going but it will be a good winter project when we are tired of skating and sledding.



AUGUST 2011

Lazy warm afternoons...


Kade trying out some ski's the previous owner left behind.



Adelyn taking a refreshing drink of water while making mud pies. (I wonder why my house is so dirty)


Kade basting the smoked salmon with butter and sugar.


Demolition of our basement!!!!!



Tana and I were greeted by a bear on our deck one morning!!!

August was the demolition of our tuck under garage for the start of a finished basement. The whole family was here and this was the beginning of chaos with a purpose.


SEPTEMBER 2011

Adelyn was our great lingonberry picker.



Brian and Kade building our stacks of firewood....






Adelyn on her first day of school with the biggest fat lip ever. Bloodshed hit the McCorison house when the excitement of the first day of school came to an end with head to head combat.









The boys on our way home from walking Adelyn to the bus stop one morning.




Camping with the Coopers. Adelyn, Kade, Tate, Eve, and Clayton. September started out with our first camping trip including all three children. It was a hit. Brian and I had some feelings of impending doom as we set out across the state of Alaska with our friends (experienced campers with three children). We saw a good portion of the state, picked a ton of berries, boys shot a moose and I survived one too quiet night in the wilderness with six young children!!! Quietness can be very creepy when you are used to chaos. It was also nice to watch others parents in the cute but chaotic struggle with three little ones.

Grandma survived her four days alone with the children as we attended a wedding out of state.
Adelyn started school and just loves it!!!!!
We cut a lot of firewood and wish we could have gotten more!!!
We cleared out a lot of underbrush to open up the property so we can see the bears coming from the woods and to build our sledding hill.

Also in September we worked on total yard landscaping and contouring. We now have a more mowable yard with no grass!!! But next year it should be beautiful.
We had some bear troubles. Mom got to watch a brown bear tear apart our neighbors enclosed trailer from our living room. I saw him first hand the next day he was intimidating. We had several black bears do some property damage to our shed and the boys had a stake out for them one night but no luck.


OCTOBER 2011

Funny picture. We were helping our neighbor digging holes for pilings. He is building a guest cabin.



Adelyn dressed the 70's for a school project. Made her old school uniform pants into bell bottoms.






Halloween was fun with Adelyn as Belle from beauty in the beast, Kade was a clown that didn't need a costume, and Andon was a little bear (Kades old costume).




ODE TO MAGEN (my sister in law) Thanks for the random messages about needing to update my blog. I will be better so keep checking back!!!!

2 comments:

Shannon. said...

Finally some new pics! Looks like everything is going well up there! :) Miss you guys!
love shan.

Rachael C said...

I was just wondering how you all were doing the other day. Love the new house and all the great pics. The kids are growing so fast. Looks like you guys are having a wonderful adventure in Alaska!

ClustrMap