Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Adelyn and Kade flying their planes at Grandma's House on the cliff/bluff. Yes that is the ocean behind the kiddos.


Adelyn and I down at the beach. Lots of sand, no bikini's, just the way I like it.



We spent memorial day weekend attempting to fish like we never left Alaska. Well we did leave and Brian and I are somewhat out of practice. I didn't catch anything but a really little Dolly Varden but I fished for a long time. Well long enough to get some tendinitis and a sunburn. It was so peaceful on the river. I think I'll take up fishing more often since it was nearly like a little vacation. Brian stayed with the kids and I enjoyed some scenery, moose, and eagles with a chance to catch a big salmon.



We went to the Kasilof river and fished a bit with the whole family. Kade had his stick with several different lures and a sinker. However, he figured it out quickly that he wasn't set up right and kept having Brian fix his pole. It was sweet bliss to think that 5 years ago I caught a king salmon in that very spot about full term prego with Adelyn. It was fun to see the whole family together at one of our fishing spots. Later mom took Adelyn and Kade, it was just like old times except with Andon sleeping by us while we fished.





Kade and his bunny, well bunny for the moment.

Kade was playing with a friend's bunnies. He seems to not like groups of people these days and wanted to spend the evening in the truck until we were all ready to leave.... So Mom spent time with him in the truck playing with some baby bunnies.








All the kids, minus Andon....




We had old friends out to mom's cabin for a night of chaos. The children were very good, (well some normal temperment was shown by Kade) but kids will be kids and they made sure we didn't forget they were there. So we had Five adults and Adelyn (5), Tait (4), Kade (3), Evelyn (3), Clayton (nearly 1) and Andon (5 months). It was fun!






2 comments:

Kelly K said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed your weekend. Sometimes those fish are evasive!

amrolih said...

I LOVE the pic of the family fishing! Super cute!

ClustrMap