



So there's been a big dilemma with a Christmas tree this year. See we have never purchased a Christmas tree and are not real sure about this idea. As a child, it was always a tradition to take out the sleds or ski's and drive up in the mountains. We'd trudge all around in circles usually and come back to the tree right by the road that stopped us in the first place. The day consisted of sledding, fresh snow, friends, hot chocolate. I loved every moment of it and how our house smelled like pine as Dad and I would study the symmetry of our tree. Dad and I were always in charge of the decorating as we both like everything perfect.
So this year we don't have access to anywhere to cut a tree. We went to a tree farm and cut one down. It was a chilly day but no too bad. Our lovely tree is a little too groomed for my liking as I like a natural tree, but it will do. The kids are getting a kick out of all the decorations as our home is cluttered and busy looking. The kids love this, but I struggle with clasterphobia...ha ha. Adelyn is very into Santa Clause this year and has been singing and referring to her song. She keeps reminding us that she is being nice. It will be a very fun Christmas this year..
3 comments:
Cute pics, I can't wait to see you guys! I'm not taking off work the night before, but I will take off the night of so I may be completely exhausted, but it will still be fun, I just hope we have snow by then!!
I'm sure your tree will be much more natural looking after Kade and Adelyn spend a few days with it!
Oh Tiffany, you are such a mountain girl! I like how Adi tells you she is nice. Super cute.
Post a Comment