
I did some running in Duluth when we were there through Hartley Nature Center. I so miss running trails, its exciting, peaceful and rejuvenating. Plus you just never know what you might see. I used to go up to this lookout at Hartley and ponder life and remind myself that I can still be on top of the world even in Minnesota. So it was great to revisit.
Ok so awhile back I was talking about finding myself and recently am starting up again. I've been running more but still haven't been diligent with strengthening. And any of you that know me well, know that I really suck at being consistent with exercise. I do it when I want to or need to. I also went and got some new piano books but my piano is horribly out of tune to the point that i'm not sure i'm playing the right notes. I went out on the town with some other moms the other night which never happens. We wanted to dance so we had two options and chose the one we thought would be better all around. It was eye opening and quite the adventure to go to the local gay bar. No worries didn't see anything too concerning and did do a little dancing. Learned I really like mojitos SP? These drinks have fresh mint and lime, wonderful!!!
So continuing to work on myself right now but struggling to find the wilderness in Sioux falls, SD. Wondering when I really lost myself... thinking probably in Rochester... knowing i'm not going back there to find myself. Starting to feel like a person again and not just a mother. Although I will always be a mother, I would really like to do it all!!!!!!
JUST ONE PICTURE OF THE CHILD
since no post is complete without a pic of the kids...

This is Adelyn at Park point. It was supposed to be cold so I didn't be suits but it was hot. Addi didn't care, we just let her streak in her panties and she was cute and happy.
4 comments:
I admire. You really have a great head on your shoulders and no matter where you are, you're on the right path. I should take lessons, in fact I did with the whole running thing. Even though I'm not the best, it is still something for myself. Decompression for the day, I must say. Sometimes I wonder how you are able to keep so calm and level headed while staying as busy as you are. Seriously, I must just say thank you. *S* Sorry for babbling, but sometimes you just need todo that, and of course, wander off track as well. But I think you get my point! *S* Thanks.
I love these comments. Thank you erin. I don't always keep level but i'm trying. I think you summed it right up with motherhood. It took me a good 6-8 months with each child to feel even remotely normal but it takes even longer to return to normal...
Sometimes it is so easy to lose ourselves in our kid's lives. You need to have something else that is your very own to focus on. I really need to do that more too.
Good Luck with everything!
I think another girls weekend will do wonders in helping you find yourself (wink wink!)
Post a Comment