Sunday, August 23, 2009

August


Adelyn and Emma after a very hard night of playing.





August has been a month of plenty in our garden and lives. Brian had two weeks off from school and I was able to take a week off for a trip to Duluth/Askov.
My garden has overgrown itself and I weeded out several zucchini plants. We have zucchini coming out of our ears. There is only so much one can make with zucchini and still like it. However zucchini brownies really haven't gotten boring.
So far I've canned some salsa, hot pickled beans, and some pickles. I have two icecream pails full of cucumbers in need of some more canning. Coming home from vacation left me with a lot of harvesting to do.

Adelyn loves our neighbor girl and they would spend every waking moment together if we let them. I made them matching dresses so they could play and be pretty together. The other little girl is a week younger than Adelyn. Her parents were married on the same day as us 6 years ago, are attending anesthesia school, they have two children the exact ages of ours and braved a third just a couple months ago.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You are a brave mother to let your child walk in the rain!!!! Sounds like a very memorable time with your daughter. Did you get all the chocolate out?!
I love the dresses, very pretty girls!
Give me a call when the hubby is gone, Annie and I could use a trip away from our craziness here.

ClustrMap