Saturday, November 22, 2008

November

These are a couple of pictures from the other weekend. We attempted a solo family portrait day. Since we don't always look dassling, it took a bit to get everyone ready. Both kids had runny noses so trying to keep it all clean etc. We went to some local state trails and set up the tripod. Instantly Adelyn was grumpy. She's never grumpy when she's there!!! We attempted family portaits, pics of the kids but here are a couple of Addi and her definate mood that day.


























I've been a hunter's widow for several weekends now. The other weekend I had both kids and when you don't know anyone it can be kind of monotonous to be with just kids for the weekend. Saturday I packed a lunch and everything any toddler/baby would ever need to go to the butterfly house. It was heavenly. A room with a creek/waterfalls, lots of flowers and butterflies everywhere. Also it was about 75 degrees so very soothing. Addi loved all the butterflies and pointed out the many colors and types. We read in the reading room after a bit of lunch and learned about some other bugs that were there. It was a very peaceful morning as not many people were there. We are finding a lot of fun things to do in Sioux Falls, just haven't met any moms that I click with.

This weekend is a weekend of mainly peace. I am a hunter's widow again this weekend. Adelyn went to visit her grandma in Duluth and Brian went hunting in Askov. Kade and I have been hanging out, reuniting. Brian and I continuously forget how easy having just one child can be. Adelyn by herself is a joy as she is learning so much and very excited about everything!!! Kade by himself is so easy. I went shopping today and Kade played with my keys for over an hour, chew, drop, try to reach, shake etc... Wow endless possibilities...
There are still stinky diapers but other than that we are just enjoying being around each other. The kid has gone wild lately. He moves all the time!!! He loves to crawl away during diaper changes and it takes most all that you have to keep him in one spot. He dances to music, bangs around and twists himself in the highchair. He has a lot of motivation to climb things which is scary. Currently he is unsuccessful with climbing but it will come soon. Physically he is way beyond anywhere that Adelyn ever dreamed of being at this age but his skills lack far beyond words. Addi did sign language, used utensils appropriately, used a sippy cup independently, and had an attention span. Kade has no clue that sign language even means a darn thing, utensils are for making noise, a sippy cup gets Adelyn's attention when taken, and his attention span is under a second (incredibly distracted so much he doesn't eat at times, and this boy likes to eat)... Recently Kade has learned to jump in his crip like a trampoline. He catches pretty good air.

No comments:

ClustrMap