So the month of October has been somewhat a blur but I have lots of pictures to remind me that I actually have a life from time to time. I changed to 36 hours a week instead of 40+ and now have one lovely afternoon off a week. It gives us the opportunity to have a nice dinner, a couple loads of laundry done and Brian some extra studying time. Hopefully I will just continue to decrease my hours so that life will settle down a bit. Brian played with the kids in the leaves a lot. Addi likes to walk through all the crunchy leaves and we have spent a lot of evenings at Beaver Creek park where our dog can run loose and Addi can learn to pee in the woods. She hasn't mastered the woods but the other day she dropped pants in our front yard while I was getting Kade out of the car. "I try, I try..." I thought she meant inside... Addi is doing great with potty training and comes up with new words, games, etc everyday. She is in a very fun stage and it is so nice that she is doing lots of things on her own. Growing up quickly.
I visited most all of my college friends with a gathering for Amy's baby shower. There were 5 baby's and two pregnant ladies. This is picture of the boy's looking all stowec, thinking about what all matters in life. "How's that leaf taste, is it bigger than mine, lots to choose from."
We visited a nearby state park with beautiful Palisades. Carrying the kids around can be a workout since the two of them together is over 50lbs now. It was a very small park and as beautiful as the pictures are... I cut out the huge pole shed that was on the hill right above the Palisades. There is something very wrong with that.
Halloween was pretty calm. I thought we'd have a lot of kids but not to many showed up, but the ones that did got a lot of candy as we don't need any hanging around. Addi was really excited about getting all painted up. She held so still and was so proud of her pretties. She was our little geisha, or china doll. She had fun looking at every one's decorations and could have cared less about the candy. She does like to put it in her little bag and push the door bell.
One little girl that was handing out candy was eating an apple and that was the most excited we saw Addi all night. She loves her apples, and cut herself off of candy. It just doesn't do it for her... Kade rode around in the stroller and several people offered him candy. I know he's big for his age but seriously... Kade was intended to be a bear but the ears on his costume turned out too big, and I think he kind of looked like a mouse with claws.. Oh well it was all in good fun. So onto November, two months down twenty eight to go until Brian graduates... Then I'm vacationing in Hawaii or Italy, drinks on a beach with sunshine and tranquility. For now I will just sit back, relax and enjoy the laughter... (silence is over rated, laughter happens to infrequently)
5 comments:
CUTE!! i love addis costume!!!! its original! i bet you didnt see anyone else dressed like that!! Its better that she doesn't like candy! You won't have to worry about cavities! Though I don't know much about those since I have ZERO!!! :D
VACATION?!?!?! Are you bringing your favorite cousin??? I sort of remember a conversation in the past...something like hey in 5 years we are going to italy... I think that was right before Addi was born... I'm game!! I don't care if I dont have money!! I have a credit card!! heheh!! plus in 28 months I should have the profit of 6 to 8 yorkshire puppies saved up :D buying a purebred dog...I guess it was a good investment!!
PS Rodrigo said that if you need a nanny, he is willing to live in SD and drive to MN when we need to. We don't know for sure when we are going to be there together, but right now I am hoping for the 1st of May, there is no point in hoping for earlier because I will probably be disappointed again. If you need me in May, let me know!! We will look for apartments there instead of St Cloud.
Great costumes! I loved handing out candy to the littlest ones. Great to see you as always.
Oh I love Addi's costume, she looks so adorable, and old! I love the video's keep those coming! I'm so glad you were able to make it to the shower! Take care!
Those costumes are adorable! Nice work.
Post a Comment