
Waterfalls in Sioux Falls, SD. I ate at a little cafe that overlooked this pretty park.
Life has been full of excitement... After our trip to Washington, we had a day of catchup and a day of hobbies. Then came my trip to Sioux Falls for a couple of days for job interviews. I had three interviews and each went well. I had two nights of rest without children and a few nice meals without interruption. Brian mastered the art of caring for two children and feedings in the middle of the night. All of which neither of us would like to do again. Being alone for three days sounds like fun but job interviews and alone time are overrated. Needless to say we lived through it and I was able to see where we will live and work. As the breadwinner now, I landed myself a job at the Orthopedic Institute with a decent wage and a sign on bonus. None of which we were expecting. I'm actually really excited as I will be starting a hand clinic in this facility and working closely with the hand surgeon to make a successful practice. It will be a large undertaking for several months but then should smooth itself out with a little luck.
After a day of laundry, we packed up for another couple adventures and haven't been home for several weeks. We've been in and near my home town of Deer Lodge.
We had some weird weather for June and the mountains got over 6 inches of snow. My birthday was cold but we had a great Vietnamese dinner at mom's house with angel food cake and presents. Megan and Hung should be proud as we learned from them how to make awesome spring rolls with fresh herbs, tempura shrimp and bbq steak.
Take your hair down and eat some cookies!!! (peace and quiet for mom and dad)

We went camping at a forest service cabin for several days and Addi had a blast. When we arrived there were several inches of snow but the days were sunny and snow turned into lots of great puddles!! Addi was wet for most of her days and dirty for the other portions. She was very entertained and both kids took monstrous naps!



We've spent some time in the hills recently with the wildflowers just starting to come out. For Father's day, I grilled steaks in the Mountains for my dad and Brian. We've been mural mushroom hunting and found some last night. Almost daily we see lots of deer, antelope and some elk. Addi likes to point out all the baby cows, birds, horses, and chipmunks. She is really liking being outside everyday.

Oh I almost forgot to mention our other child. Kade weighed in at a whopping 20 lbs 4 oz the other day. He is now about 4.5 months. The boy loves to stand and smiles all the time. He is a giggler too. He started a bit of cereal but gets so excited over it that I got it in his eye. He's starting to ride a bike, hence picture and is waiting for his first Harley.. ha ha

Collecting Aspen from the woods, trying to find interesting pieces.

Our time in Montana is going fast but we are sure enjoying it. Brian has been working more on our new hobby, and has completed two toddler chairs for the kids. It's hard to think we will be leaving in just a couple of weeks to settle into Sioux Falls. But it is also nice to think of everything being organized and in dressers, in one spot again.
4 comments:
Geez! You seem to be having lots of fun!! lucky!! I miss the outdoors and the countryside. Here is just city for miles. Sure I can see the Andes, but in the winter the pollution sits low and some days all you see are buildings and smog. We are going to the beach on Friday though so it'll be a break from the big city, but its cold and the wind off the ocean is freezing. I haven't been doing anything exciting, well except for the puppy. Shes crazy!! I actually thought taking care of a puppy would be harder!! i had to spank her for the first time yesterday. She pooped on the floor, I didn't think it would be so hard to discipline her!! I have never had to do that before, when Cheerio was a puppy dad did all the spanking. And with bailey i just spoiled the shit out of her cuz she was so cute! But having a puppy of my own it was so hard to spank her then to leave her alone while she cried to get up and sit by rodrigo and I. I can't wait to come home! When did you say you were going to be in MN?? My trip is now finalized, I leave here on the 17th and leave MN on the 28th. I hope you guys have fun with your trips and projects!! love you all. PS I cant wait for you to see what i bought addi and kade :D If we dont see eachother I'll leave it with someone to give to you!
Great pictures (as usual) Tiff! I love the one of Kade on that bike- he looks so old... Glad to hear things are well, good luck with the move and say hi to your Mom for me!
Congratulations on your new job--that is very exciting. Happy Belated Birthday, my deary.
Glad to hear that the interview trip to Sioux Falls was successful. I'm assuming Brian survived the weekend without you! Congrats on the job - enjoy your last month in Montana!
Post a Comment