Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Pregnancy Moment

Life has been busy and I keep that in mind when I recall this very interesting moment. I had a very long, whiney day with Adelyn and I was so very tired of hauling her around. If you think pregnant people shouldn't lift things think about just cooking dinner one handed while holding a 25 lb sack of potatoes/ toddler. That evening I just sat on the bathroom floor letting Addi bathe for over an hour just to make her happy. Once she was peacefully asleep I turned to my weakness, SUGAR for some relief. After a brownie and icecream, I just knew I needed something more. So I made some popcorn and decided that salty and sweet are a great combination. Picture this... Brian and I are watching tv, I'm in the recliner pregnant as can be with a bowl of popcorn and a tin of carmel corn. On the show we were watching two women were in labor... I just started sobbing stating "i'm not sure I can do that again". Brian wasn't sure what to do and I knew I was being silly. There I was, crying and laughing at the same time, still trying to stuff my face with popcorn. I just had a rough day but now that i look back on it, I see only humor in my one memorable hormonal moment.
Just to clarify a few things as well. Yes, I have a much larger belly than I did with Adelyn, I am not having twins, maternity clothes should be made longer, and I am not getting significantly larger every day. I have measured!!! Just a little venting... Not aimed at any one of my close friends who actually read this blog as most of them have made very kind comments only.

4 comments:

LadyP said...

I would like to see pictures of this so-called belly! I really enjoyed this post- I had a great mental picture going!
Have a great Thanksgiving!

amrolih said...

You make me giggle!! I totally don't feel alone when I read your fun stories. I love the image of you sitting in a recliner with popcorn, laughing and crying at the same time!! Only a few more months!

Carrie said...

You are beautiful. You could be the covergirl for "What to Expect When You're Expecting"

Katherine said...

Oh, Tiffany! You're just too funny. I can totally picture you laughing and crying AND putting popcorn in your mouth at the same time. When I saw you last month you looked gorgeous and I know pregnant ladies don't get ugly as they get bigger, they only get more beautiful to look at. The pregnant body is an amazing sculpture and people are drawn to it believe it or not, it's a proven fact from somewhere I don't remember where though!!! Anyways, enjoy the last couple of months. Lots of love to you!

ClustrMap