Friday, November 2, 2007

Duluth Escape







So we spent several days in Duluth at the end of October so that relatives could enjoy Adelyn on her first participatory Halloween. We spent some time by the lake on the several almost hot days that we were there. Brian and I had an evening child free which is very rare for us. We went for a nice walk on the boardwalk and through a few shops. Then met up with Carrie and Corey for dinner at the brew house. I had a lovely decaf brew thinking of how evenings out were really not the same without some fine beer or wine. Unsociable as he may seem, Brian struck up conversation with Corey and truely enjoyed having some intelectual discussion. After dinner, Brian and I stayed late to listen to 'Too Many Banjos' play. It was wonderful. We had to have the cd and go up the shore for a drive on the nice clear night. Kind of reminded us of a time long lost...
Adelyn had a really fun time for halloween and the most sugar that she has ever consumed. By the end of our stay her cheeks were so red from her sugar high... It started the evening before with a stay with Grandma and Auntie's. She was eating frosting straight from the jar. After this incident she proceeded to want a cupcake, only to get a big NO from MOM. After her lip almost touched the floor, I was encouraged to give in by the rest of the adults. Addi used her lip wisely while visiting Grandma McCorison's house. So Halloween day we went to Toddler time where Brian's mom works. Addi was a bunny and enjoyed yet more treats and games. We visited her Aunt Janine and then had a traditional halloween dinner at grandma's. Lou Ann (Brian's mom), Brian and I took Addi out trick or treating. At first I felt like we were begging for candy but soon Addi caught on and was on a mission. House to house, picking out candy, and putting it in her little bag. Several times she refused a second piece as she was on to the next light. She had it mastered however there were no manners, thank you etc. We had a great time watching her dig into several people's buckets. What a day. Enjoy the pictures.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

That is the cutest bunny I've ever seen! Thanks again for a great night out!

Janell said...

What an ADORABLE little bunny!

Jess said...

Cute pictures Tiff! Addi looks adorable as a bunny. Welcome to "blogging"!

Beth said...

What a sweetheart!! I hope to see you soon! I wish I would have had more time when I was in Rochester a few weeks ago. I didn't call because I knew I wasn't going to have time.

Kelly K said...

What a halloween adventure! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip in Duluth. Addie is such a cutie!

amrolih said...

Addi makes a great bunnie! You can almost picture her with the chocolate all over her face!!

Carrie said...

Heard from Amber...pretty funny that you almost spilled the beans!

ClustrMap