Thursday, May 19, 2011

Instantly Busy

Kade took a risky maneuver and slept at the top of the stairs. We moved him once we found him...




Andon entertaining so I could make a skirt for Adelyn for her birthday....



Life was just slowing down, we were just settling in. Brian and I had a couple long talks about what would be best for the family and we decided we should just enjoy the kids and stay in this rental home for the year, even though it's not our cup of tea. The kids are just growing so fast. We thought about building a cabin on the peninsula because we love it there, or buying a camper, or buying in Anchorage. We decided just to sit still for awhile.....


Then they dropped the price on a home we were watching and we close on the 24th of June!!!!!


It's a rare find... Only 8 miles from the hospital on 2.5 acres lies a very little home. The acreage borders a greenbelt with rabbit creek running through it. The greenbelt connects to state land which makes our little acreage BIG. The home needs some work and we hope to expand it a little this summer. It will be snug to say the least but it will bring a cozy, family nature to it all, with lots of memories of sharing to be had. We are excited and it will be a place to garden, watch moose and hopefully avoid bears as much as possible. We'll have to trade in the bird feeder for a bird house I guess since bears will climb anything for sunflower seeds!!!




3 comments:

Carrie said...

Congratulations on your new home! It looks idyllic.

Kelly K said...

Wow! Amazing...so glad for you and your family! Keep the posts coming - I enjoy every one of them!

Katherine said...

Love the house! can't wait to visit! btw, I finally updated my blog. :) Thanks for the chat yesterday.

ClustrMap