Friday, March 26, 2010

Trip to go see Dad...


Brian is in his clinicals in Omaha... So far it's been just fine for the kids and I. Brian misses the children but none the less we are busy enough that the time is passing quickly. This was week number 3 of 8 and I had two days off in a row so we went to Omaha to spend the night with Dad. One cannot go to Omaha without hitting the zoo. We went once this winter and it was so nice to have the
place nearly to ourselves so it was hard to share today.
I couldn't believe that they let the Giraffes just roam with a two foot fence. Either, giraffes have poor flexibily of the lower limb or are deathly afaid of the 1foot deep stream between us. It was cool to see them without much of a fence.



Favorite Butterfly in the Butterfly house...










We love the aquarium. I could stay there and watch for hours but the kids have a much shorter attention span. This was Adelyn hugging the fish.













Had to post this picture. I'm not sure why the children have beds since they prefer to sleep on the floor but I thought this was pretty funny. They both have to be as close to being out of their rooms as possible.

2 comments:

Rachael C said...

Make sure you call when you are in town next (if you have the time-I know being together as a family is really important right now)

We would love to see you and the kids. Even if just for lunch or something!

And we too LOVE the zoo! We have an amazing zoo here!

amrolih said...

I love the kite flying pics! Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Omaha!

ClustrMap