Sunday, March 8, 2009

Finding Oneself


He just looks like trouble... All boy running around with new found freedom outside.



Kade and I spent some time in the park all by ourselves one day. I thought I'd get some cute pictures but he just moves too fast. He was laughing and running.


So this last month has been an interesting one. We didn't do a whole lot so the pictures are few. It's been a month of winter cabin fever entertainment. We had a couple of nice days where the kids made it outside but mainly we've been cooped up. Lately I've been working on finding myself. After 3 1/2 years of being pregnant, having babies, nursing babies, and moving around the country side... I've discovered a long lost need for finding myself. I was a bit surprised how lost I've really been. Brian is slowly guiding me back to where I once was by offering suggestions and helping me make time for myself. Recently I've gotten back into running. I once was a runner and it wasn't so very long ago. So he set me up on a running date with two of his female classmates. It was good to get out there and I probably wouldn't have even ran that day so it's always good to have a little push. They ran my ass off and we didn't even run that far. I still had my breath but my little legs were not going to carry me any faster. Ego was a little crushed, every part of my body a bit sore, however it brings back memories of competition... very good. I've actually sewn a bit as well, mainly embroidering little things for new little babies. I was able to hold a new little baby the other night, oh so nice. Also getting geared up for the gardening season, ordering seeds, gathering supplies and dreaming. I visited a local greenhouse just to breathe the scent of moist soil and humidity. Soon I will plant starts and before you know it I will be eating my first tomatoes of the season. Can't wait...

The little ones... What the heck do people do with little ones in the winter??? What to people do in SD?? We really do not know. Any suggestions welcome. We hit the library, science museum, the kids went to the zoo one day. There are always kid clubs and activities at the community centers in the mornings. But what do people do at night, after naps, before bed (when the kids are really cranky)... We are lost. We dance, color, read, and wrestle. There must be something more. Anyways so here are some little videos of the kids.

Kade has gotten a little wild. He can climb furniture and luckily get down properly. Adelyn taught him how to jump off the furniture. Kade tried a couple of times and luckily resorted to climbing down. Kade is back on the charts in the 95% for most everything. He lost two pounds since he started moving faster now weighing in at
26lbs. He loves to run, jump (no air yet), climb, and terrorize my kitchen.
Adelyn has recently found a love for taking pictures and singing. For a little girl, she's never been really interested in singing until recently. She loves to combine songs like starting with twinkle twinkle and ending with monkeys jumping on beds. We've established an exchange program with our neighbor. They have a little girl who is 4 and the two of them together are so much easier then either apart. It's been really nice to have her over to play and to let Adelyn go play from time to time. Adelyn is nearly potty trained and growing up so fast. She has gotten so much better with Kade and understands that Kade doesn't know any better. Kade likes to pull hair now and hits when he's excited. But they truely are playing with each other in small amounts everyday. When we had the children so close together everyone would say "oh that's so nice, they will be such good friends, and play together." And Brian and I would swear under our breath and mock them later in privacy, because people just didn't seem to understand how demanding it was. It was a rough first year or so with the two of them but it has gotten so very much easier. We now see our precious little future with the two of them blissfully running through fields together and sharing memories.

A video of Kade watching tv for the first time. Most will not think this is exciting but it was blissful to watch Adelyn cuddle with Kade and watch tv for 5 minutes... Small blessings.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Those are adorable videos! I love your dancing too!!! Glad to hear that you have some time for you finally. Hold on to your panties, your workout video is on it's way!!!

Ryan and Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Trish said...

Kudos to you, Tiffany. It took me MUCH longer to recover from our two boys being that close together. But, now they actually play more than they alienate each other. I can't say we get any more time to ourselves because now it's preschool...and tball...and soccer...and swimming lessons...and..and..and...but I guess that's what it's all about.

I love seeing your blog. Any trips to Alaska in the near or far future?

amrolih said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're having the chance to take some time for yourself! Enjoy it.

I can't believe how much Kade changes each time you post - Addie too for that matter. What dolls!

Carrie said...

Good luck with the running. Not to worry; it's in your genes, you just have to find it. Me on the other hand, not so much. So I prepare for another June race that hopefully omits torture. Did Brian get into the half?

Shannon. said...

What a cute sweater!!! :P
I miss you guys and I miss the start of spring, it doesn't really exist here. neither does fall. I can't wait to be back in the States!!! Give the kids a hug for me.

ClustrMap