



Husbandless and on a mission to wear out the kids, you know for long naps etc... We went to a local orchard for harvest festival. Since it started at 10am we were there first!! To enjoy without too many people. I snapped a few photos but have many more beautiful pictures in my mind as there were many moments today that I will hopefully not forget because the kids were so cute and very well mannered all morning. Addi rode a pony and of course I don't have a picture because I was holdin' on to her hoping no one would run off with Kade in the stroller. She played on the big strawbales, met all the animals, got a flower balloon and of course picked out her pumpkin. I asked what color of pumpkin she wanted and she said green. She did end up picking out a little green pumpkin. Last but not least we wanted to pick some apples. So I paid for a small bag, we packed up the stroller, pumpkins, changed diapers etc etc. waited in line for the hay wagon. I really thought things were going to get ugly. We finally boarded the hay wagon which I thought just brought us about 100 yards away. But no we went on a tour of the country side which was lovely but I was starting to feel panicky, two kids, bag of apples, no diapers, sippys etc.
Needless to say it all turned out beautifully. A nice fall day, strolling through the orchard. Addi proudly carried our bag of apples, Kade had a great time playing with all on the ground and we made it back to our truck without crying, screaming or melting.
Lovely...
4 comments:
CUTE!!
Sounds like you guys are having fun!
It is starting to get warm down here and I HATE it. My mind keeps thinking its time to think of Halloween, but here its way too hot to think about it. I wish I was home to enjoy the nice crispy weather! Rodrigo and I found a GREAT deal on a plane ticket! The only problem is that it leaves from Lima, Peru! But from there to Chicago for just $500!! ANd thats including taxes! I have enough sky miles to get him from chicago to minneapolis so that part is free!!! Now we just have to find a cheap way to get him to Peru! He wants to take a bus so he can go to machu pichu however thats spelt!
Great harvest pictures! Glad you had a great time! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
Glad you had a great time. Hopefully they napped a loooong nap for ya!
I know I say this every time, but I can't believe how big Kade is getting!
I love the pics. I'm glad you made it through the day with no mishaps!
Post a Comment